Based in Singapore
StoryArcana is an open-world wizard school RPG with a large focus on mystery solving, exploration, puzzles and a combat system based around intricate spellcasting. You play as Clay Quilt - an ordinary boy transported to another world and enrolled into a year of wizardry studies as part of an exchange program. On weekdays, focus on learning new magic spells and exploring the academy's ancient secrets. On weekends, visit Noxrose city to meet it's inhabitants, complete quests that will earn you ingredients, wand parts and a fancy new flying broom. As the only wizard from another world, Clay will need to find his place in this mysterious new world, making friends and rivals in school as well as earning the trust of the people of Noxrose City.
Development of StoryArcana started in early 2019 with the Construct 3 game engine, with Rory Mitchell as a solo developer. A small team slowly took shape over the year with composer Christoph Jakob joining shortly after. In 2020, we launched a Steam page and are currently aiming for a first demo version of the game.
- Hi-Bit style pixel art graphics and 8 directional characters for smooth animations.
- Fully voice acted dialogues (English) and an original soundtrack.
- Intricate spellcasting system, draw powers from 5 elements by drawing symbols with your wand.
- Customize your wand and make it your own by combining wand parts.
- RPG mechanics like leveling, items, equipments and questing.
- Alchemy system for crafting potions with unique effects.
- Challenge your fellow students to a virtual trading card game.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Ask Gamedev Community Member Game of the Month" Picked winner out of 58 submitted games. 2 October, 2020
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
July 2020 development log
This was made and featured on GameJolt's weekly games showcase. gamejolt.com.
Cyomo is a team that comprises of a diverse group of talented individuals from around the world and led by Rory Mitchell, a game developer from Singapore.
More information on Cyomo, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Designer, Programmer, Artist