Based in Singapore
StoryArcana is a 2D Action RPG that takes place in a school of magic. It has a large focus on exploration, mystery, puzzles and a combat system based around drawing spell signs with your wand. You play as Clay Quilt a normal boy who gets enrolled into a year of wizardry studies as part of an exchange program. On weekdays, focus on learning new magic spells from professors and explore the academy's ancient secrets. On weekends, visit Noxrose city to meet the locals, complete quests that will earn you ingredients, wand parts and money to buy a fancy new flying broom. As the only wizard from another world, Clay will need to find his place in this mysterious new world, making friends and rivals as well as earning the trust of the people of Noxrose City.
Development of StoryArcana started in early 2019 with Rory Mitchell as a solo developer. A small team slowly took shape over the year with composer Christoph Jakob joining shortly after. In 2020, we launched a Steam page and will soon launch a demo in Steam Next Fest in June 2021. The game is being built with Construct 3 game engine.
- Hi-Bit style pixel art graphics and 8 directional characters animations.
- Fully voice acted dialogues (English) and an original soundtrack.
- Intricate spellcasting system, draw powers by drawing symbols with your wand.
- Customize your wand and make it your own by combining wand parts.
- RPG mechanics like leveling up, items, equipments and questing.
- Alchemy system for crafting potions with unique effects and purposes.
- Challenge Clay's fellow students to Artimus, a virtual trading card game.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Ask Gamedev Community Member Game of the Month" 1st Place out of 58 submitted games. 2 October, 2020
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
July 2020 development log
This was made and featured on GameJolt's weekly games showcase. gamejolt.com.
Cyomo is a team that comprises of a diverse group of talented individuals from around the world and led by Rory Mitchell, a game developer from Singapore.
More information on Cyomo, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creator, Lead Developer